Following up on our earlier post about the state of Audi Sport Models in North America, today we learned some exciting news from several sources at the Audi Summit for Audi of America employees. Audi executives confirmed that the Audi RS 3 Sedan is a GO.
Up until now there has been little information about the possibility of an Audi RS 3 sedan. Even our spy photographers have failed to catch a sign of an RS 3 Sedan testing.
This image has been making the rounds. It is apparently a capture from the video that was played during the presentation. We cannot confirm yet if it 100% represents the final production version.
What we know:
- +400 Horsepower from an all new aluminum block 2.5-Liter inline-5 engine
- 7-Speed S-Tronic Gearbox
- Optional Audi Virtual Cockpit
- Optional Audi RS 3 specific shell seats
- It will have a facelifted appearance vs. the current RS 3 Sportback
- New headlight design and front grill
- Wider track than the S3
- It will be awesome!
What we don’t know:
- Best guess: $55,000-$60,000 starting
- Best guess: Late 2017 as an MY’18
We will update this post as more information becomes available.