YouTube user “Ron Bolton” has shared this video that was apparently recorded at the event.
Following up on our earlier post about the state of Audi Sport Models in North America, today we learned some exciting news from several sources at the Audi Summit for Audi of America employees. Along with the RS 3 Sedan, Audi of America, Director of Product Management, Philip Brabec confirmed also confirms that the TT RS and RS 5 will have successors. As well as up to seven new RS models up between now and 2019 including new body styles (RS 5 Sportback) and even an SUV (RS Q5??).
Up until now there has been little information about the possibility of an Audi RS 3 sedan. Even our spy photographers have failed to catch a sign of an RS 3 Sedan testing.
What we know:
- +400 Horsepower from an all new aluminum block 2.5-Liter inline-5 engine
- 7-Speed S-Tronic Gearbox
- Optional Audi Virtual Cockpit
- Optional Audi RS 3 specific shell seats
- It will have a facelifted appearance vs current RS 3 Sportback
- New headlight design, front grill and rear lights
- Wider body
- High-Performance Brakes
- Racing Suspension
- It will be awesome!
What we don’t know:
- Best guess: $55,000-$60,000 starting
- Best guess: Late 2017 as an MY’18
We will update this post as more information becomes available.