World Records don’t get set every day.
So it’s pretty big news when the team at APR sets one.
The record is for the fastest B8 S4 3.0 TFSI and it was recently set with an email@example.com MPH in the quarter mile. And to make it that much more impressive, it was done with 4,200 ft Density Altitude.
APR brought their S4 equipped with a Magnuson TVS1740 Supercharger System (with an APR prototype pulley) out to Montgomery Motorsport Park in Alabama and set the time, rolling on Michelin PSS tires.
“Given the extremely poor conditions (4200ft DA) our 11.1 second pass will hopefully lead to a 10 second pass as conditions improve here in Alabama. S Tronic calibration improvements, additional hardware changes (removing the catalysts), and further refinement of the overall package will only push the platform to a place we’ve all wanted it to go.” Said Eric Urness, lead calibrator at APR.
Vehicle / Modifications:
- 2012 B8 S4 S-Tronic w/o Drive Select
- Magnuson TVS1740 Supercharger System
- APR prototype TVS1740 Pulley Upgrade with matching APR ECU Upgrade
- Sunoco GT260 104 (R+M)/2 Fuel
- APR DL501 S Tronic Software
- APR Coolant Performance System
- APR Carbonio Stage 1 Intake System
- M/H Tires on Rays wheels
- APR custom lightweight exhaust downturns
- JHM light weight front / rear rotors
- Seats removed with all other factory interior parts retained
- Spare tire and tools removed with factory battery retained
- OEM / unmodified headers
- OEM / unmodified catalytic converters
- OEM / unmodified engine long block
- OEM / unmodified transmission
- OEM / unmodified suspension / bushings / mounts
- OEM / unmodified F/R brake calipers
- OEM / unmodified crank pulley
Conditions / Settings:
- 106.1F / 40% Humidity / 29.61” / 4,264 Feet Density Altitude
- APR 104 TVS1740 Pulley Upgrade Software
- ESP off / ASR off
- Sport mode / Dynamic mode (via vcds)