- Audi presents new drive technologies in “tron-experience”
- Media technology has augmented reality application, 3D animation and holographic displays
- Audi A3 Sportback e-tron with a plug-in hybrid drive
- Audi A3 Sportback g-tron – which drives CO₂-neutrally with Audi e-gas,
- Audi A1 e-tron, which is participating in demonstration projects for electric mobility sponsored by the German federal government,
- Electrically powered high-performance sports car, the Audi R8 e-tron, and the
- Audi R18 e-tron quattro race car with hybrid techology.
“The Audi tron family stands for plug-in hybrids suitable for everyday driving and CO2-neutral long-distance mobility,” said Wolfgang Dürheimer, Member of the Board of Management for Technical Development at AUDI AG, at the opening event. “Our approach leads to sustainable and zero-emissions mobility that is both fun and affordable.”
Audi is presenting all of these models using state-of-the-art media technology. The 3D animation about the Audi tron philosophy shows Audi technology in all of its details and true to the original. The motto “Vorsprung durch Technik” is depicted in 16,600 individual images or frames. For special visual brilliance, 50 frames are played back per second instead of the usual 25 frames.
Audi is presenting the Audi A3 Sportback e-tron and its performance characteristics – from the battery concept to green electricity – in an augmented reality application. Here, the speaker utilizes the latest generation of tablet computer as a presentation terminal. The speaker uses the tablet camera to scan the car and can show all parts of the powertrain directly and precisely in the car with an x-ray effect. Animations and illustrations then present the relevant technical details.
The keynote address on the Audi tron family is supported by superimposed holographic images: Cars and technology components appear to hover in the room. This is enabled by a special projection screen, 27 square meters (290.63 sq ft) in size, upon which the animations are projected from above. This display format makes the new drive technologies from Audi something that can be grasped – in the true sense of the word.
[Source: Audi AG]