QuattroWorld.com was founded in March of 2009 by long time Audi enthusiast, Joshua Decker. QuattroWorld rose out of the ashes when the largest Audi enthusiast website of the past 10 years made the decision to get rid of the extremely popular Kawf based forum software in exchange for a forum software package that the majority of the site’s users did not want. Once they made this switch, users fled in mass to QuattroWorld. Due to this massive exodus, QuattroWorld became a success literally overnight.
- Joshua Decker, Founder & Editor in Chief
Mike Juergens, Assistant Editor
Elaine Bak, Contributing Editor
- Josh has a rich history in the Audi aftermarket industry. In 2001 he started importing RS4 parts from Europe. In 2002 this side hobby turned into a full time business when he founded
- which became an established leader in the Audi aftermarket. Achtuning was a leading distributor for many top names such as APR, Stasis and Stoptech. Josh owned Achtuning’s poster car, a Laser Red 2000 Audi S4 that was featured in European Car two separate times. In fact it took 2nd place out of 15 cars in the 2004 “King of the Rings” S4 Challenge. Josh sold Achtuning.com to
- in 2005 to focus his energy on his other business venture, Status Racing. Achtuning continues to be a success and was the worlds #1 distributor for both APR and Stasis Engineering in 2008!
In 2004 Josh co-founded Status Racing, which manufactures high end composite racing seats. Located near Seattle, Washington, Status Racing offers FIA approved FRP, Carbon Fiber and Kevlar seats as well as FIA approved 4, 5 and 6 point racing harnesses. After 5 years of success with Status, Josh made the tough decision to step away from his full time role at Status to pursue other opportunities. He is still a significant partner in Status and remains involved as an owner and partner.
Josh has owned several Audis including most notably a 2001 RS4 Avant which he imported from Germany. Some of the other Audis that he has owned include two different 2000 Audi S4 (Stage 3 of course), a 2002 allroad, a 1995 S6 Sedan and his current daily driver is another 2000 S4 with a full stage 3 kit and tons of goodies like Ohlins, Stoptechs, and more. This car will be one of the QuattroWorld.com featured project cars.
Josh lives in Redmond, Washington with his wife and two daughters.
- Mike is the newest member of the QuattroWorld team, but we didn’t need to tell him that. He’s been a fan of the four rings since a Sport Quattro drove by his house every day. Even though he was a child, he can still remember his neighbour blasting through an unpaved section of road near the house. “Someday,” he told himself, “I’ll own a car like that”
Elaine Bak, Contributing Editor
- Elaine has joined the team at QuattroWorld as a contributing editor. She is also the Lead Editor over at our partner website
- and brings in a genuine passion for both Audi and VW. She and her husband and son live in Opelika, Alabama. They own a modified Audi A3, a Audi A6 avant and her dream is to add an old aircooled VW Bug to the garage as a project car.
Melissa Knight – Contributing Editor
Gary (Aka. Oversteer) – Technical Contributor